Volt Athletics is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails backend software developer to join our product development team. This person will work alongside other developers to create well-designed, robust and performant software for consumer facing web and mobile applications. This person will be an integral part of a small but growing team, with considerable opportunity for professional growth and to make a real and lasting contribution to the success of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write and maintain server side Ruby software in a multi-tier web application environment making use of the Rails framework
- Leverage RSpec, Travis CI, in-house QA and other tools to ensure your code performs as expected
- Tune existing and new APIs for maximum performance and scalability
- Work with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements
- Participate in agile development process, with daily standup meetings and other planning sessions
- Assist client side and full-stack developers with API creation, modification and documentation
- Must be passionate about building exceptional products, enjoy learning and have excellent problem solving skills
- 3+ years’ experience writing and maintaining production server-side software for multi-tier web applications
- 2+ years’ work experience on production Rails applications
- Familiarity with SOA, as well as building and maintaining APIs
- Academic or applied experience in Machine Learning and other areas of Artificial Intelligence is helpful
- An interest in sports and fitness is super helpful, but not required
To apply, please email Brian McNaboe at email@example.com with the subject line "Volt Athletics Back-end Developer Application" and a resume/cover letter briefly outlining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.