About Volt Athletics
Volt Athletics Inc. ® (‘Volt’) is a Seattle-based sports tech company that brings professional-level sport performance training to athletes and teams worldwide. Volt’s proprietary Intelligent Training System leverages decades of proven strength and conditioning research and science to build hyper-personalized training plans delivered through an intelligent training system.
About Volt's Intelligent Training System
Volt’s Intelligent Training System uses proprietary technology, combined with decades of industry expertise, to deliver better training to more athletes. A key difference between Volt and existing fitness apps is that while most apps track what a user has already done, Volt actually tells the user what to do. Volt’s sport-specific programs are designed for performance training and built by professional strength coaches, adjusting to and growing with the user throughout their training. With Volt, athletes walk into the weight room with their unique training plan, knowing that Volt will deliver the right workout for them, every time.
Open Roles at Volt Athletics
Volt Athletics is searching for a start-up savvy quality engineer to join our growing product team. This person will be responsible for documenting product requirements and verifying successful delivery. Testing and verification will be conducted across Volt's web and mobile applications, using both manual and automated techniques to identify and document defects and usability issues. The QE will have latitude to improve and adapt processes as needed to optimize results.
Experience as a quality engineer on an agile team using iterative software development techniques is required. Familiarity with Jira or other issue/task tracking software is strongly desired. An interest in sports and fitness is very helpful.
To apply, please email Brian McNaboe at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Volt Athletics Quality Engineer Application" and a resume/cover letter briefly outlining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.
Volt Athletics is looking for a backend software developer to join our product development team. This person will work alongside other experienced developers to create well-designed, robust, and performant software for consumer facing web and mobile applications. This person will be an integral part of a small but growing team, with considerable opportunity for professional growth and to make a real and lasting contribution to the success of the company. Volt is well positioned for significant growth over the next 1-2 years. Join the team now and enjoy the ride!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and maintain server-side Ruby software in a multi-tier web application environment making use of the Rails framework
- Leverage RSpec, Travis CI, in-house QA, and other tools to ensure your code performs as expected
- Tune existing and new APIs for maximum response-time performance and scalability
- Work with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements
- Participate in agile development process, with daily standup meetings and other planning sessions
- Assist client-side and full-stack developers with API creation, modification and documentation
- (optional) Assist with client side tasks using Angular.JS and React Native
- Must be passionate about building exceptional products, enjoy learning, and have excellent problem solving skills
- 3+ years' experience writing and maintaining production server-side software for multi-tier web applications
- 2+ years' work experience on production Rails applications
- Familiarity with SOA, as well as building and maintaining APIs is highly desirable
- An interest in sports and fitness is super helpful, but not required
To apply, please email Brian McNaboe at email@example.com with the subject line "Volt Athletics Back-end Developer Application" and a resume/cover letter briefly outlining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.