About Volt Athletics
Volt Athletics Inc. ® (‘Volt’) is a Seattle-based sports tech company that brings professional-level sport performance training to athletes and teams worldwide. Volt’s proprietary Intelligent Training System leverages decades of proven strength and conditioning research and science to build hyper-personalized training plans delivered through an intelligent training system.
About Volt's Intelligent Training System
Volt’s Intelligent Training System uses proprietary technology, combined with decades of industry expertise, to deliver better training to more athletes. A key difference between Volt and existing fitness apps is that while most apps track what a user has already done, Volt actually tells the user what to do. Volt’s sport-specific programs are designed for performance training and built by professional strength coaches, adjusting to and growing with the user throughout their training. With Volt, athletes walk into the weight room with their unique training plan, knowing that Volt will deliver the right workout for them, every time.
Open Roles at Volt Athletics
Volt Athletics is looking for a backend software developer to join our product development team. This person will work alongside other experienced developers to create well-designed, robust, and performant software for consumer facing web and mobile applications. This person will be an integral part of a small but growing team, with considerable opportunity for professional growth and to make a real and lasting contribution to the success of the company. Volt is well positioned for significant growth over the next 1-2 years. Join the team now and enjoy the ride!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and maintain server-side Ruby software in a multi-tier web application environment making use of the Rails framework
- Leverage RSpec, Travis CI, in-house QA, and other tools to ensure your code performs as expected
- Tune existing and new APIs for maximum response-time performance and scalability
- Work with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements
- Participate in agile development process, with daily standup meetings and other planning sessions
- Assist client-side and full-stack developers with API creation, modification and documentation
- (optional) Assist with client side tasks using Angular.JS and React Native
- Must be passionate about building exceptional products, enjoy learning, and have excellent problem solving skills
- 3+ years' experience writing and maintaining production server-side software for multi-tier web applications
- 2+ years' work experience on production Rails applications
- Familiarity with SOA, as well as building and maintaining APIs is highly desirable
- An interest in sports and fitness is super helpful, but not required
To apply, please email Brian McNaboe at email@example.com with the subject line "Volt Athletics Back-end Developer Application" and a resume/cover letter briefly outlining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.
Team Sales Specialist
Volt Athletics is seeking a sales professional with 2+ years of experience to join the Coach Relations department in this exciting and growing company, to be responsible for driving revenue through new accounts at high school and college athletic departments. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping athletes and teams reach their full potential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of timely and impactful responses to leads who have expressed interest or request additional information
- Ability to surpass aggressive sales goals to help the team ensure company revenue and profitability growth
- Developing and maintaining personal relationships with key client decision makers and influencers
- Coordinating client care with other members of the Coach Relations team
- Provide timely feedback to other company functions including marketing/communications and development
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, communications or sports management
- 2+ years' experience in B2B sales or strength and conditioning
- Must be proficient technically and able to use MS and Google tech suite
- Strong preference for applicants with collegiate level or higher athletic experience
- A CSCS certification is a plus
To apply, please email Adam Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Volt Athletics Team Sales Specialist" and a resume/cover letter briefly outlining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.
User Acquisition Strategist
The User Acquisition Strategist is responsible for executing day-to-day digital marketing operations with an emphasis on paid social advertising, paid search, display, and retargeting. Additional responsibilities include driving engagement across Volt Athletics’ growing online and offline communities, and assist in the creation, execution, and strategic analysis of Volt’s marketing efforts. This position will report and work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing to ensure all deliverables meet Volt’s marketing objectives and brand standards.
Candidates must have the desire to work in a fast-paced, creative, data driven environment, with a high performance team, and in the sports technology sector.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executes all assigned web, e-mail and digital marketing functions including:
- Drive user growth in our digital advertising channels by managing Volt’s paid campaigns
- Manage, monitor, report on, and continually improve all paid marketing efforts
- Continually refine and expand keyword coverage
- Research and test digital advertising optimizing bid spend and lower Volt’s cost-per-acquisition
- Create, manage, and refine creative production and coordinate with in-house design team and content marketing team
- 2+ years experience, with demonstrated success in driving user acquisition campaigns for B2C or B2B SaaS company
- High proficiency with the following marketing channels: Apple Search Ads, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and Google AdWords
- Experience using mobile attribution tools and funnel analysis
- Visual ad design/creation experience preferred
- Experience crafting content for social media platforms
- Preferred Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
To apply, please email Doug Buser at email@example.com with the subject line "Volt Athletics User Acquisition Strategist" and a resume/cover letter briefly outlining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.